Trump is abusive:
- When the cast of Hamilton asked VP Pence to respect LGBTI people Trump called in a “third rate show”. In his abuse he is coarse, crude, vain, shallow and simplistic.
- When Meryl Streep criticised him she was dubbed an “overrated” actress.
- “Lock her up”. Hilary Clinton deserves to put on trial as a criminal (what for?)
Trump boasts and he lies:
- This presidency has achieved more in the first 90 days than any other presidency.
- More people attended his inauguration than for Barack Obama.
- He is restoring “clean coal”.
Trump does things destructive to society:
- Reversed environmental protections. Companies can now put waste into rivers (“reduced red tape”)
- Denies climate change.
- Reversed Dodd-Frank so that banks can take financial risks which threaten society.
- Stopped funding birth control in countries that need it badly.
- Proposed a budget which halves funding of Medicaid and decrease by 25% funding for food stamps.
- tries to get rid of Obamacare such that 23 million would be without health coverage and older and ill people would be paying a lot more.
- Positively supports the sale of armaments and encourages the war industry (e.g. $148 billion sales to Saudi Arabia – one of the most backward and punitive societies in the world.)
From Jason Bosseau on August 9, 2018
The EPA has issued a SNUR (Significant New Use Rule) that says it will no longer evaluate the toxic effect of substances that are present in the air, in the ground or in water. One of the substances that will benefit is asbestos since the hazard presented by asbestos occurs when it is entrained into the air. The president does not believe that asbestos is a health hazard and has been saying so for decades.
Almost all of the asbestos imported into the United States (there is no domestic production) is used in the creation of chlorine. Most of it comes from Russia and is mined by a company named Uralasbest.
Uralasbest can expect a very large benefit to its business from the new rule.
Trump breaks promises
Obamacare will not be repealed unless something better is in its place – the next day.. (Just repeal Obamacare and we will work out the rest later.)
He will build a border wall which Mexico will pay for.
Trump is unstable: Aug 1, 2017
I write this bit on Aug 1, 2017. Eleven days ago, Sean Spicer his communications director was sacked and replaced by the foul mouthed Anthony Scaramucci. Scaramucci immediately attacked Reince Priebus (white House chief of Staff). Priebus immediately resigned. Trump replaced him with General John Kelly who immediately requires the dismissal of Scaramucci (terrific name by the way). All this in eleven days!!
Donald Trump is a fear monger: Nov 9, 2018
Fear is the greatest motivator – so if a politician wants to win an election – he needs to whip up fear – and the image of himself as the strongman and saviour, who will save the people from what they fear. Don’t be surprised – but it is called “fear mongering”.
So Trump looks like he might do badly in the election of 6-11-2018. So he focuses on a group of derelict refugees, mostly from Honduras, who are escaping a basket case country. The Honduran country and economy is riddled with corruption, but worst still, is a country fractured and ruled by lawless criminal gangs. This group of about 5000 people are walking across Mexico, some barefoot, many walking in thongs, begging for food as they go, to seek asylum in the USA.
So Trump turns up to his mad campaign rallies and describes this ragtag group as an invasionery force descending on the United States Border, threatening the very integrity of the USA itself. At the pace they are going this group is still three weeks away from the aforesaid USA border. So, to underline the threat and to emphasise the terror, Trump sends 15,000 (You heard me – fifteen thousand) crack troops to the border to fight the “invasion”.
Republicans (how can anyone vote Republican?) beg him to talk about the economy but Trump is smart. Fear is what works. The election comes and goes, and Trump does very well everywhere he campaigned.
Two or three days after the election when this fake issue (Trump is the master of fakery), has served its purpose, it suddenly vanished from the scene. At the White House press conference a CNN reporter attempted to ask a question about the “invasion”. Trump rips into him, accuses him of faking news, attacks him and bans him from the White House press meetings, on the fake charge that he molested a young woman intern who tried to rip the microphone from his grasp (millions saw the opposite of this charge on video).
In true too-clever-by-half Trump style, he then sacks his Attorney-General, and thus takes attention off this fake issue onto another issue – a ploy he has been doing since elected President.
Obama and economic progress: Some inconvenient truths:
The unemployment dropped 0.66% each year under Obama, and 0.33% under Trump.
Wages went up 0.25% each year under Obama, and they have declined by 0.25% under Trump.
The stock market rose 25% per year under Obama, and and only 15% under Trump.
Obama inherited the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression.
Trump inherited the Obama Recovery.
The Resistance as quoted in John James