He is abusive:
- When the cast of Hamilton asked VP Pence to respect LGBTI people Trump called in a “third rate show”. In his abuse he is coarse, crude, vain, shallow and simplistic.
- When Meryl Streep criticised him she was dubbed an “overrated” actress.
- Hilary Clinton deserves to put on trial as a criminal (what for?)
He boasts lies:
- This presidency has achieved more in the first 90 days than any other presidency.
- More people attended his inauguration than for Barack Obama.
- He is restoring “clean coal”.
He does things destructive to society:
- Reversed environmental protections. Companies can now put waste into rivers (“reduced red tape”)
- Denies climate change.
- Reversed Dodd-Frank so that banks can take financial risks which threaten society.
- Stopped funding birth control in countries that need it badly.
- Proposed a budget which halves funding of Medicaid and decrease by 25% funding for food stamps.
- tries to get rid of Obamacare such that 23 million would be without health coverage and older and ill people would be paying a lot more.
- Positively supports the sale of armaments and encourages the war industry (e.g. $148 billion sales to Saudi Arabia – one of the most backward and punitive societies in the world.)
He breaks promises
- Obamacare not repealed to something better in its place. (Just repeal Obamacare and we will work out the rest later.)
- He will build a border wall which Mexico will pay for.
He is unstable
I write this bit on Aug 1, 2017. Eleven days ago, Sean Spicer his communications director was sacked and replaced by the foul mouthed Anthony Scaramucci. Scaramucci immediately attacked Reince Priebus (white House chief of Staff). Priebus immediately resigned. Trump replaced him with General John Kelly who immediately requires the dismissal of Scaramucci (terrific name by the way). All this in eleven days!!